Páginas

04 agosto 2017

Our "Buddy" Sam

 "MY BUDDY" / Patti Smith. © August 1, 2017 (Texto completo. Premeiqui)


Chelsea Hotel, NY City, 1971
" He would call me late in the night from somewhere on the road, a ghost town in Texas, a rest stop near Pittsburgh, or from Santa Fe, where he was parked in the desert, listening to the coyotes howling. But most often he would call from his place in Kentucky, on a cold, still night, when one could hear the stars breathing. Just a late-night phone call out of a blue, as startling as a canvas by Yves Klein; a blue to get lost in, a blue that might lead anywhere. I’d happily awake, stir up some Nescafé and we’d talk about anything. About the emeralds of Cortez, or the white crosses in Flanders Fields, about our kids, or the history of the Kentucky Derby. But mostly we talked about writers and their books. Latin writers. Rudy Wurlitzer. Nabokov. Bruno Schulz ...

... A long time ago, Sam sent me a letter. A long one, where he told me of a dream that he had hoped would never end. “He dreams of horses,” I told the lion. “Fix it for him, will you? Have Big Red waiting for him, a true champion. He won’t need a saddle, he won’t need anything.” I headed to the French border, a crescent moon rising in the black sky. I said goodbye to my buddy, calling to him, in the dead of night."

A Madriña  teña no seu rejaso our dear buddy, Sam Sheppard...


Rolling Thunder, 1977
"CONRAD" / Rolling Thunder Logbook. Sam Shepard © 1977
Dylan: Have you ever read Conrad ?
Me: No
Dylan: You Should read Conrad ( Long Pause)
Me: Dou you read a lot ?
Dylan: Some
Me: Did you always read a lot ?
Me: I always read some
Me: Where´d you get the books ?
Me: People´s libraries. Just go into people´s libraries and they ´d have ´em.


A Madriña Bless Them All  (Hoxe Specially Sam Shepard & Jeanne Moreau)
"All the tired horses in the sun
How am I supposed to ger any riding done ?"

No hay comentarios: